Undermining The Organization of God’s Church (Ecclesia)
As I meet different believers in the faith they honestly are developing a very viral disease called anti-socialism. Not in the socialism that leads to communism but rather the hermit crab mentality of doing my own thing in my own way without answering or being involved in a local body of believers.
Satan is wringing his hands on these little lambs that think that they can defend themselves in a world filled with Satan’s imps.
Why do we need to be in an organized body of believers? Have you ever saw and wondered why in the world am I attending a local church?
I pray that this will help you to see why you are needed in a way that you have never seen before.
Christians are seriously undermining the assembling together of believers to people on a public “everyone can read” Facebook and they are looking at the church in the completely wrong, and hurt way.
Normally the reason for leaving church is because of the treatment they experienced. Or lack of love, devotion, or expectations they expected of others. But do we only go to church for our own needs?
This “I can worship God anywhere and any way I want mentality” is of the devil. I went through a terrible church situation as a teen and thought “I don’t want anything to do with this organized chaos! I can serve God on my own!
But after God showed me the selfishness that I had and the reasons for church I found peace and joy in the house of the Lord among other believers. And yes even among hypocrites because we all have been one at one time and it’s sobering to admit but we are fallible and do not always keep our decisions or our word. No one is perfect but all need Jesus and each other.
The church (ecclesia group assembly gathering of believers) is made for many many many reasons: First the word ecclesia does not mean “temple” of God:
Ecclesia is defined as a political assembly of citizens in The definition of ancient Greece, or the church members. A group of ancient Greek politicians who came to Athens to debate is an example of an ecclesia. The collective congregation of a church is an example of an ecclesia. This word was translated “Church” not “temple” the temple stood for the priest entering in giving the daily sacrifices spending personal time with God for atonement and conversation. Which we individually have the right to now through Jesus Christ.
Webster’s 1828 Dictionary: The Word: Church: 1. A house consecrated to the worship of God, among Christians; the Lords house. This seems to be the original meaning of the word. The Greek, to call out or call together, denotes an assembly or collection. But, Lord, a term applied by the early Christians to Jesus Christ; and the house in which they worshipped was named from the title. So church goods, bona ecclesiastica; the Lords day, dies dominica.
The Ecclesia is not the same word nor meaning the same thing…and must not be thought of as the same. We personally are the temple or indwelling of God by his Holy Spirit but the body of Christ is not as in one but many members. We individually are not the ecclesia but members of the ecclesia.
- 1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
- 2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
- 3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
- 4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
- 5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
- 6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
- 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
- 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
- 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
- 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
- 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
- 12 ¶ For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
- 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
- 14 For the body is not one member, but many.
- 15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
- 16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
- 17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
- 18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
- 19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
- 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
- 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
- 22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
- 23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
- 24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
- 25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
- 26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
- 27 ¶ Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
- 28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
- 29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
- 30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
- 31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
- 3. For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
- 4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
- 5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
- 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
- 7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
- 8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
- 9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
- 10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
- 11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
- 12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
- 13 Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
- 14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
- 15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
- 16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
- 17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
- 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Ephesians 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
JESUS IS THE HEAD OF THE BODY OF GOD:
Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
The Children of Israel had erected a tabernacle in the wilderness to God and they were all known as “the church in the wilderness:”
Acts 7:38 This is he that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel that spake to him in the Mount Sinai, and with our fathers: who received living oracles to give unto us:
1Co 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that divisions exist among you; and I partly believe it.
(Notice it does not say “as the church” meaning that we are a church when we ASSEMBLE “come together” with other believers)
REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND A LOCAL CHURCH:
Group worship and praise before God. (Nehemiah 8)
2. Designated by God men of God and teachers, evangelists etc a pastor to teach help, minister encourage and oversee (Scriptures above as well as Jeremiah where God gave “pastors according to his heart”)
3. To organize community service and outreach (James 1:27)
4. To group support widows and fatherless (Acts 6:1-7)
5. To distribute to the necessity of the saints (Nehemiah 13:13)
6. To unify in doctrine as a group as of one army with one purpose. (verses above)
7. To edify, love, encourage, help, strengthen when other families are down (Hebrews 10:25/ I Thessalonians 5:11-14)
8. To reach out to the lost bringing them to right repentance and bringing them into the church. (Acts 2:41-47)
9. Baptism of those saved (Matthew 28:19)
10. Discipleship to the weak by the learned and strong in faith. (II Timothy 2:1-4 Romans 15:1)
11. Fellowship and Exhortation of the believers (1John 1:3/ Philippians 1:4-5)
12. Accountability and Upholding when you are shaky in beliefs or faith by a group of loving like-minded supporters to keep your from falling or giving in or up or out! ( 2 Corinthians 10:8)
13. We all have different talents and gifts differing one if another and need them all! This is a physical as well as spiritual blessing to the church and others! (See above)
14. Physical help aid, need when you are unable to operate physically they also love take care of your family when you cannot. They love you in losses, comforts in pain, loves through brokenness. (Also see above we ought to bear the infirmity of the weak)
15. Spiritual growth outside your own spiritual walk with God. He uses other more stronger Christians to impact you to challenge you to go to the next level. (Luke 22:32
16. The weaker need us! We cannot leave them to struggle in their own. They may not can do without the church to hold them accountable to love and encourage and they therefore will fall back into the mire they desperately need us! (Hebrews 12:12)
We cannot be all these things just one family alone. We need each other. We need YOU!
Church is a group effort. In the books of Acts God showed up when they were all together in one accord. If you do not want to go to church perhaps it is the wrong church or you’re at:
Church is more for others than for ourselves. People need you. As Jesus said we are all members one of another and we cannot do without you serving in the assembly. We need you.
Never has a “worship anywhere I’m the temple” minded Christian ever reached his community for God and Satan is winning I beg of you to see your value to God’s people! To the assembly and the importance not to forsake the assembling of yourselves together as the manner of some is, but be glad when they say unto you let us go into the house of the Lord!
What if the US army soldier said:
“Leave me alone! I don’t need my platoon!!! I’ll fight on my own!!!???”
Satan says “YES!!!! Demons go get em! They’re over by themselves!!! ATTACK!!!!!”